Re: upgrading to unstable (done)

Well i got it by upgrading to testing first and then to unstable, although now KDE has dependancy issues, but since i'm running gnome, i didn't bathoer looking into it yet. I run unstable, because if i run stable and everything works fine, i can just as well run windows/mac osx, and who wants that? I had actually pulled 2 boxes (one powerpc and one i386) box to unstable a few weeks ago myself as well and didn't notice any problem, I'd been sitting behind this problem for a while and couldn't really find an answer, so i decided to hit the list, which helped.
Thanks,

Jule

Jens Schmalzing wrote:

Hi,

Jule Slootbeek writes:

I just installed Debian on another iBook2 and i want to update to
unstable.  but after i get all the files using apt-get dist-upgrade
it gives me some error related to libpam, has anyone come up with a
solution for this?

Can you post the exact error message, please?  I pulled an i386 box
from stable to unstable last weekend and didn't see any problems.

And if you have time to listen to someone who has been tracking
unstable since it was codenamed potato: The name is chosen for a
reason.  Running unstable is not for the faint-hearted.  Have a stable
rescue system on the same box in case you run into serious trouble.
Have a stable system on a different box in case you fuck up completely
and need to get some urgent work done.  Be prepared to hit bugs, and
be prepared to spend time and effort tracking them down and reporting
them.  You are on the way to actively help with Debian.  Welcome.

Regards, Jens.