Re: keycodes

Bonjour Michel,

le jeudi 03 juillet vers 00:54 Michel Dänzer m'a raconté:

> > > How can i see the keycodes?
> >
> > You start xev in X (shell), it shows up a little window, you move the
> > pointer on it and the keycodes corresponding to the characters you type
> > in will be logged in the shell.
>
> Those are X keycodes though, which aren't the same as the Linux keycodes
> needed for the mouse button emulation.
>
> showkey in a console was the right answer.

Oooops, you're right, I haven't red the full question (I was thinking about
xmodmap hack) -- Must be a lack of coffee.

Thanks for correcting my mistakes ;)

\bye

--
      Audience: What will become of Linux when the Hurd is ready?
Eric Youngdale: Err... is Richard Stallman here?