Re: 2.4.21-ben2 and acard aec6280m (CONFIG_AEC62XX_TUNING)

hi,

i mailed the info to Andre. in the meantime i am going to try to compile a 2.4.21 kernel with the 0.09 version of the aec62XX.c driver.

greetings,

-dorian

Hi,

Whoops my tree is 2.4.21-ben1 and I just looked in drivers/ide/pci and sure enough there are actually two aec62xx drivers in that tree (one there and one
in drivers/ide).

So the update to the new driver in ide/pci seems to have broken this driver
for us.

Will you please file a breakage report with Andre (the maintainer) and point out his latest changes broke the driver for us. We really need to get it
fixed for both this tree and the newer kernel trees as well.

I will diff the old and new driver to see if I can figure out what
changed/broke and try to provide a patch for the new driver to fix it since I
have a 6280m card to play/test with.

Thanks,

Kevin