Re: Trying to start the installer on PowerBase 200.
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Trying to start the installer on PowerBase 200.
- From: "Chris Tillman" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:49:01 -0700
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- References: <3EFCB051.FFA38D49@comcast.net>
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Woyciesjes" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 2:00 PM
Subject: Trying to start the installer on PowerBase 200.
> ***I'm not subscribed to this list yet, so please CC to me so I can stay
> in the loop of replies...
> I have here a PowerBase 200, running MacOS8.6. I loaded BootX 1.2.2,
> and I'm currently having trouble starting the installer from the
> recommended ramdisk image. I did specify the ramdisk image, and hit Save
> to Prefs.
> Here's the last bit when it does try to boot.
> Warning: unable to open an initial console
> Kernel Panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel
Sounds like it's finding root.bin, but that maybe that file is corrupted
since it doesn't find init within it. Did you get it from the powermac
ftp archive folder?