sound

Hi!

i'm using woody and kde.

i have some "troubles" with sound in my 15" tibook:

i can't hear any music cd, not with xmms (the proper plugin is installed),
not with kscd.

i have disable arts. (if i don't do this, i can't hear xmms)

my konsole make no sound (it souposed to beep)(just when i log as root)

the users are in cdrom and audio groups.

If in my kde session i mount a cd, dvd, or try to play a music cd, when i
logout i can hear the kde logout sound. if i don't do anythig with cd
cdrom, when i logout i can't hear anysound.

Any ideas to can hear music-cd?
how can i get sound in my konsole?

why if i mount a cd or somthig like that i can hear the logout sound?