Re: Apple PowerMac G5

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 10:32:10AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:33:33AM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> > > Err, august that is, no ?
> >
> > Same difference, it's not shipping for quite some time :)
>
> Notice that IBM also plan to ship some ppc 970 using boxes, so these
> would probably make decent linux boxes and support would be provided.
>
> This would not help for the applce specific chipset though.

The question is how much of the chipset is Apple or IBM specific
and how much will be shared. I don't believe that doing two
completely independent designs makes much sense.

This said, does anybody know if or when IBM will release more
documentation on the 970 and its support chips?

	Regards,
	Gabriel