Re: Apple PowerMac G5

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 04:01, Michael D. Crawford wrote:
> Doesn't Apple maintain mkLinux?  It's linux running on top of Mach.  I had it
> installed on my 8500 a few years ago.
>
> I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had mkLinux running on it, as it would
> be another way to test the hardware.  Maybe they'd be willing to release the
> source before they release the box.

Apple have stopped work on MkLinux ages ago... Also, they aren't quite
friendly to the idea of having linux running on their machines, so they
won't give us any specific support.

We'll have to buy machines when they are available like everybody else,
and personally, I'll rely on some distro or individuals to buy me one
to do the kernel work as I can't afford one this year.

Ben.