Re: Apple PowerMac G5

Doesn't Apple maintain mkLinux? It's linux running on top of Mach. I had it installed on my 8500 a few years ago.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had mkLinux running on it, as it would be another way to test the hardware. Maybe they'd be willing to release the source before they release the box.

Also, Apple has a hardware compatibility test lab that developers can get free time at. They have unreleased, but announced hardware there. If you bring an installed hard drive with you, and you were quick about it, you could port Linux to it in the day they give you to test ;->

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/