Re: powerbook 17" install

Hi,

Brendan J Simon writes:

> I've just purchased a powerbook 17".  I've tried (unsuccessfully)
> installing debian using various howtos on the Net.  I managed to get
> the machine to boot and run the installer using the recent
> "boot-floppies" in the woody distro, [...]

Since you are having problem with boot-floppies anyway, and have
access to a second box, you may want to try the new debian-installer
from <URL:http://www.soziologie.ch/users/steinlin/d-i/>.  In any case,
I am sure that feedback would be very much appreciated (BTW, the
instructions from the site above worked very well for a new 12"
PowerBook).

> For some reason I can't nfs mount an intel box to copy my backup fs to
> my new partitions.  wget fails too.  I think this is because the .tgz
> file is 3.1GB and the busybox version of wget is not so capable.

In principle, with a second box you can forget about installers and
netboot the whole thing with a kernel that supports nfsroot.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!