Re: updated kernel problem

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 10:10:13AM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 10:18:31AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 09:12:04AM +0100, Joss Winn wrote:
> > > Sven,
> > >
> > > I just grabbed your 2.4.20-4 pmac build and I've rebooted and it's fine.
> >
> > :)))
> >

> Once you get that out of the way ...
>
> As of over a year ago, the 2.2.x debian chrp powerpc kernel
> was apparently unbootable from floppy:

Mmm, notice that i only maintain the sid packages, Dan still handles the
older woody ones.

> In Re: "Testing woody on a IBM RS6000 B50"
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2002/debian-boot-200204/msg01210.html

Ok, just curious, but you are clearly a chrp user, and i would like to
know what kernel you are using, and from what source you take it (self
compiled kernel, self built package, unofficial or official debian
package).

> Do you know if that image has been updated, and if possible
> could you substitute a better one?

I have no idea about this, but i could investigate. My chrp derivative
pegasos box has no floppy disk, so i cannot easily test it though.

But i will investigate, and later on, once i have familiarized me more
with the current status, i hope to build more kernel images that the
powerpc and powerpc-smp that are the ones built right now.

Friendly,

Sven Luther