Re: 2.4.21 on a G3

On 18 Jun 2003 at 7:48, Jens Schmalzing wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Jeroen Roovers writes:
>
> > 2.4.21 is out, so do you mean its .deb package by "kernel-source-
> > 2.4.21"?
>
> Yes.  This *is* a Debian list, after all.

Please explain what you mean by that.

(Of course I am aware what list I am posting to, but I hadn't
expected that using Debian blocks the view to the outside world. I am
not going to memorise thousands of .deb-package names and recognise
them as Debian packages, it's simply not worth the time or the
trouble. So, referring to a Debian package makes a lot more sense to
your readers if you'd use some naming convention, like <kernel-source-
*.deb> or "kernel-source-*.deb", including the quotation marks. It
saves me from asking what it is you mean, and you can leave the
pointed referral to our frame of reference out of the discussion.)

   Jeroen