Re: 2.4.21 on a G3

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 09:37:00AM +0200, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
> On 18 Jun 2003 at 7:48, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Jeroen Roovers writes:
> >
> > > 2.4.21 is out, so do you mean its .deb package by "kernel-source-
> > > 2.4.21"?
> >
> > Yes.  This *is* a Debian list, after all.
>
> Please explain what you mean by that.
>
> (Of course I am aware what list I am posting to, but I hadn't
> expected that using Debian blocks the view to the outside world. I am
> not going to memorise thousands of .deb-package names and recognise
> them as Debian packages, it's simply not worth the time or the
> trouble. So, referring to a Debian package makes a lot more sense to
> your readers if you'd use some naming convention, like <kernel-source-
> *.deb> or "kernel-source-*.deb", including the quotation marks. It
> saves me from asking what it is you mean, and you can leave the
> pointed referral to our frame of reference out of the discussion.)

Hello, ...

There is not yet a 2.4.21 kernel-source package, and as thus there is
also not yet a kernel-patch-2.4.21-powerpc package. I am taking over
maintainership of the unstable powerpc kernels from Dan, and i have
already such a package ready, but i was not yet able to test it without
the 2.4.21 kernel-source package.

Just wait a few days for them.

Friendly,

Sven Luther