Re: firewire CD-R/RW with PowerPC linux ...

On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 09:13 PM, vinai wrote:

Hi Folks,

Slightly deviating from the previous thread about functional PCI cards
under linux, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with firewire
CD burners - good or bad ?

My Teac firewire CD-RW (SmartDisk VST) drive works fine with a benh kernel. It seems to burn at a slower speed than it does under os x, but I haven't done any actual
timing tests.

minimvs

---
Ask not what your computer can do for you, but what you need to do
to your computer to get it to do what it does for you.