Re: has anyone solved the oldworld mac framebuffer problem yet?

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 04:50:15PM -0700, Brad Boyer wrote:

> Just a quick note: don't send HTML mail. Many people won't read
> it since it looks too much like spam. It looks like you're using
> hotmail/MSN, and I know there is a way to tell that piece of
> junk to send plain text mail.

I'll second that.

   Hello,

   I'm trying to run debian on an old PowerMac 7600/132 with an Apple
   Multiple Scan 15 Display and I cannot fix the "screen wrap" problem
   described in previous posts. This is where the left ~15px are actually
   being displayed on the right.

   I've tried a number or settings in debconf, tried to apply a patch (from a
   .diff file provided by Michel ?) to fbdev, and exhaustively searched the
   web.

   If someone has this setup (it was pretty common) and has solved this
   problem, please reply. I'd also be interested to see your debconf file as
   I've been confused by a number of options (for instance, do i have to
   specify a monitor or just use generic?).

   Thankyou in advance for any help.

I had a similar problem with my 9500, I solved it with the boot argument

video=atyfb:vmode:6

However, with the 2.4 kernel it doesn't work the same. In fact, I
haven't gotten the video to work at all (using BootX). The machine
boots, and I have to log in and reboot blind or with ssh.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People