Re: airport wireless problems

This one time, at band camp, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
>When running iwconfig, I get this warning:
> Warning: Driver for device eth1 has been compiled with version 14
> of Wireless Extension, while this program is using version 15.
> Some things may be broken...

I upgraded my kernel to benh-devel, 2.4.21-pre3-ben0, and the error is gone.
Now I can see the AP for a fraction of a second before iwconfig tells me the
AP mac address is 44:44:44:44:44:44 again.  The proper mac address appears
if I type iwconfig eth1 key restricted, but it's quickly removed.  All the
other settings are correct.

So, still no joy with the wireless yet, which is sad -- in January it was
working brilliantly.

--
jaq@debian.org                               http://people.debian.org/~jaq