mozilla-firebird

Hi

I have just tried to build a deb of mozilla-firebird 0.6-4 for ppc using the source for erics home page. The package compiles and builds ok although at the end I got a lot of warnings like this
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libxpcom.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libplds4.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libplc4.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libnspr4.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libgkgfx.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libxpcom.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libplds4.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libplc4.so not recognized

When I went to install the package using dpkg -i I got this problem
Setting up mozilla-firebird (0.6-4) ...
Updating mozilla-firebird chrome registry.../usr/sbin/update-mozilla-firebird-chrome: line 53: 10809 Segmentation fault regxpcom >/dev/null
dpkg: error processing mozilla-firebird (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 139

It is always on line 53 although not always 10809. I have no idea what regxpcom is supposed to do and why its output is supposed to get to /dev/null. If anyone is able to offer any insight I would be very happy to hear. I used the phoenix deb for powerpcs that was available from Erics site without any problems other than the fact that I can't run mozilla and phoenix at the same time.

Cheers

John