Re: Ardis HFS+

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 09:27:16AM +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> If you use my "devel" tree (2.4.21-rc3 right now), it is included and
> works (rsync.penguinppc.org::benh-devel).

I'm curious about your definition of 'works'.    have you made any
changes to the hfsplus driver? specificlly, any changes that would
affect applications that create many files?

i can reliably crash 2.4.20-ben10 with bonnie++ on a loopback-mounted,
osx-created hfsplus image. It gets pretty far, but dies in the 'Create
files in sequential order...' phase.

The sourceforge archives are incomplete... i detailed the report in
Message-ID <20030511201614.GN16219@terizla.org> but will gladly
reproduce the report if anyone is interested.

==rob

--
Rob Latham                                        Chicago, IL USA