Re: apt-get install openoffice.org ... unmet dependency: openoffice.org-bin

Torben Brosten <torben@kappacorp.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to  install openoffice:
>
> added the various mirrors for powerpc openoffice.org to /etc/apt/sources.list
> then:
>
> apt-get install openoffice.org
>
> Reading  Package Lists... done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is  extremely likely that
> the  package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that  package should be filed.

> sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>    openoffice.org: Depends: openoffice.org-bin (> 1.0.2-pre1.0.3) but
> it is not installable
> E: Sorry, broken packages
>
> # trying apt-get install openoffice.org-bin fails, too.
>
> How does one get a version of openoffice.org for debian3.0r1 2.4.18-newpmac ???

I don't know which mirrors you have tried, but I recently found one
that works with Debian testing...

http://ftp.kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be/pub/mirror/ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice/

- or put this in your sources.list -

deb http://ftp.kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be/pub/mirror/ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice/
testing main contrib

I was then able to install OpenOffice for the first time in months and
months and months.