Re: mac serial port settings in linux

On  20 May, this message from Boris Bezlaj echoed through cyberspace:
>> this might be a really dumb question... but: is there any easy way to
>> set my serial ports to a given speed, parity, ect - and have those
>> changes stay?
>
> Take a look inside /etc/init.d/setserial and /var/lib/setserial/*

Nope. That's essentially i386-only, and doesn't give options for speed
or parity.

The only thing I can think of is a custom init script in /etc/init.d
linked into the proper /etc/rc[].d, containing a cal to stty for each
port you want to configure.

But ideally, your application should perform all required serial port
config.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |