Re: DRM/DRI crashes X server

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 01:32:17PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-05-18 at 03:04, P Oscar Boykin wrote:
> > I *believe* I finally I have DRM and DRI set up properly.  The problem
> > is, now if I do any GL operation, the Xserver crashes immediately.
> >
> > If I run glxinfo, or glxgears, etc...  the Xserver crashes at once.
>
> By crash do you mean it locks up? Or what are the symptoms?

By crash I mean that it immediately exits my Xwindows environment and my
display manager (in this case kdm) restarts and presents me with a log
in screen.

It does not lock up.

The screen does briefly (<0.5 seconds?) show some strange stuff (text
that is far too large, and a few lines or boxes, it is hard to discribe,
it happens so fast).

> > This is on the 2.4.20-benh-10 kernel with the drm kernel modules from
> > drm-trunk-module-src.  The machine is a cube, the video card is a Radeon
> > QD on a DFP monitor running at 1600x1024 16bpp.
> >
> > Find attached my XF86Config-4 and XFree86.log.
>
> Don't see anything obviously wrong. Assuming it does lock up, does not

agpgart is loaded, as I believe is required in order to load the radeon
DRM module.

I might mention, that I am also the person that is reporting that XV
will basically do the same thing: cause the Xserver to exit immediately.

The only thing I can point out is that I am using a (possibly?) unusal
setup: a Cube, with a 22'' DFP which runs at 1600x1024 (not a 4:3
ratio).  I don't know if any of that makes any difference, but I thought
that I would mention it.

Thanks!
POB.
--
boykin@pobox.com    http://pobox.com/~boykin    jabber: johnynek@jabber.org
fingerprint=159A FA02 DF12 E72F B68F  5B2D C368 3BCA 36D7 CF28