RE: strange modprobe messages

Hi,
	I don't know of any way to "trick" the kernel as you put it. I
complile as many things as I can into modules and I upgrade them everytime I
recompile.  I feel that it's more flexible this way.
Check your /etc/modules file.  this tells the kernel what modules to load
automatically at boot time.  seems to me, if this file is empty (and it
should be for you since you say you are building everything into the
kernel), then modprobe won't try to load anything and you shouldn't get this
error.
what do you think?
ajay