Re: strange modprobe messages

Well, i did recompile the kernel on both of them. there are 2 machines, and
8500 and an 8100. i made an installed the modules for the 8500...after a
recent hard drive crash on the 8500, i am no longer have them. however, in
the past when i had upgraded the kernel, but not the modules (i usually
build everything into the kernel) -- it would only give me this error at
boot time.

likewise on the 8100, which is using a Mach Kernel - has everything built
into it... and only gives me the error at boot time.

is there some way to tell the kernel that there are *no* modules? som way to
trick it into behaving?

thanks!

dylan

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."