Re: apple_modem_detritus_tsunami

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 08:31:20PM -0400, jmdeleu@sympatico.ca wrote:
> Tried your suggestion i.e. ATM zero L zero (ATM0L0)
> instead of ohs-no change, still much garbage going to the logs.Perhaps
> this works but i'm not adding it at the right place for the init
> script. I've added it to ATM in /etc/diald/connect and /etc/chatscripts/provider.

Well, there were a couple mentions on the linuxppc lists about the
sound data that would go to the speaker getting sent to the serial
port, and that ATM0 was the way to turn it off. There was also
some discussion of the 'L' setting, and it is something tied to the
volume setting, and should be followed apparently by a number 0-3.

> Could the init script also somewhere else ?

Quite likely. I really don't know. I've never used a modem in Linux.
Just searching through archives of other lists you probably aren't
currently looking at. Try lists.linuxppc.org for some archives of
old PPC Linux related issues.

> Any other suggestions ?

Perhaps you should read the logs and see what it thinks it's sending
to the modem as the command string? I would hope it prints that out.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com