Re: standby issue on a TiBook III / latest benh's and daenzer's

On Die, 2003-05-06 at 11:19, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 10:11:46PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
>
> BTW(1): could you briefly explain the meaning of options "DRIReInit" and
>         "AGPMode"? I've searched for it on some manpages but I've
>         actually found nothing. Also a pointer is enough.
>
> BTW(2): Michel, can I suggest you to add the DRIReInit option to the
>         sample XF86Config-4 you are shipping in the
>         xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk, maybe commented with a comment that
>         explaing it can solve some standby troubles? Thanks for your
>         work!

For AGPMode, see http://xfree86.org/current/radeon.4.html .

For DRIReinit, here's the comment I added to the example XF86Config for
the next version:

# This disables the DRI while switching to console (only possible when
# no client is using the DRM), which allows to do a number of useful
# things not possible otherwise:
# * change DRM while the server is running
# * run several servers with DRI enabled (beware, doing that with
#   different depths seems to be buggy yet)
# * may also help on suspend/resume as a VT switch is emulated for that

Hope this helps, thanks for the suggestions.