evolution 1.3 for powerpc

After reading the archive of debian-gtk-gnome, I have discovered that
once again Michel Dänzer is far in advance of all of us.
This is completely unacceptable, he is quietly sending mails with evo1.3
under powerpc ;-)
I have decided to fight back and have recompiled the Takuo Kitame
experimental package for ppc.

   *** THESE PACKAGES ARE AS-IS ***

You can find the resulting packages (for SID) there:
   http://ufies.org/~christophe/tmp/

The building process went smoothly except for a Makefile that was unable
to install the evolution1.3 shortcut (.desktop file).
I am using it since (not for this mail) and it seems ok.
A good thing is that both the old and this evolution can be installed
simultaneously. Please read the upgrade notes at:
   http://developer.ximian.com/projects/evolution/release_notes/1.3.1.html

Of course the following evolution 1.4 preview is already out:
   http://developer.ximian.com/projects/evolution/release_notes/1.3.2.html

Christophe

Dogs come when they're called;
cats take a message and get back to you later. --Mary Bly