Re: Debian on Titanium G4 17

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 03:03:18PM +0200, bouillut @ no-log. org wrote:
> i'm trying to install debian 30r1 cd on my new titanium G4 17
> but the installer cannot see my internal disk and then cannot partition
> or install anything
> I've read in your last release that  i had to use yaboot 1.3.10

I have read somewhere on this list that some on some iBook models with
cd-rw/dvd-drive, it is impossible to boot some older kernels and see
an internal HD if there is a cd in the drive. If you are installing
from a cd, you can try installing from the network or harddisk.

See:
Installing Debian 3.0 onto an Apple iBook
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook/

--
  Christian Boesgaard