Re: Adaptec 2940 ultra2

re,

I plug the 2940UW(from apple G3B&W ) card in my PMac 9500MP, I try to boot from the floppy, but the installer doesn't see the adaptec card.... Now I make a new kernel with the AIC7xxxx driver (2.4.18-powerpc-smp).

It's possible to install a kernel from the built-in scsi to the 2940's disk? How could I do it (I'm a beginner :) )?

I'm sorry, I'm from switzerland and I don't understand very well english... I'didn't understand what card 2940UW is bootable and what isn't..... My card is a 2940UW sold with the G3 B&W by Apple.

Thx very much

David