System throw me in xmon !

Hello,

my Beige G3 has sometimes a strange behaviour. As far as I could see, a
black stripe splits the whole screen (seems like a console intrusion), and
xmon ouput is displayed.

I could add that it happens after moving from one desktop to another, but I
often switch between desktops.

Sometimes I could type 'x' to escape (and then all freezes), once I could
even exit xmon and restart X :o) but most often the system hangs, and I have
to force reboot with <Ctrl>+<Opt>+<Power> :o|

Here is the last xmon output (hope I did not make a mistake):

<<<<<

xmon> vector 300 at pc=c00100c0, lr=c000f7c4
msr=1032, sp=c0219770 [c02196c0]
dar=7d294248, dsisr=40000000
current=c0219420, pid=0, comm=swapper

xmon> vector=200 at pc=0001054c, lr=0000039c
msr=41000, sp=c0219690 [c02195c0]
current=c0219420, pid=0, common=\clubsuit L [1]

It always happen while I'm browsing the web, I have a 56k Olitec serial
modem. In general, the running apps are:

Opera-6.12
Sylpheed-claws0.8.11
XEmacs-21.4.12 (latest stable)

I'm using WindowMaker-0.80.2, kernel 2.4.18

I've thrown Mozilla away because I thought it was the cause of those kind of
crashes (and also because it is damn too big), not to mention
(kernel|mail_client|windowmanager|...) recompilations.

Any pointers to solutions? Could it be a bug in the swap procedure
(swap=128Mo) ?

Is it possible to log xmon ouput somewhere in order to avoid copy by hand
all the messages?

Thanks

\bye

Julien

[1]: yes, the "club" symbol appeared, then a 'L'...

--
 I WILL NOT ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO FLY.
 I WILL NOT ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO FLY.
 I WILL NOT ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO FLY.
  -+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard, episode #50