Re: Petition for a Flash plugin for Linux on PPC

En réponse à Alessandro Selli <dhatarattha@libero.it>:

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/open/licensing/fileformat/license2.html

> MACROMEDIA, INC
>
> Macromedia Flash File Format (SWF) Specification License Agreement
>
> [...]
>
> 2.    Licenses
> Pursuant to the terms and conditions of this License, you are granted
> nonexclusive license to use the Specification for the sole purposes of
> developing Products that output SWF.
>

>   Nowhere does it mention the possibility to use the specifications to
> develop
> a SWF player/ plugin.

As long as there isn't any patent on the format like the MP3 patent,
I don't see anything preventing anyone to develop a SWF reader.
Is there such a patent?

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>
              <jerome.marant@free.fr>