Re: alsa and internal mic in ibook2

I didn't manage to get any sign of mic in oss or alsa.
On top of that I'm experiencing serious problems with audio in general.
ie: I can play mp3 via xmms and normal audio cd's dvd's but when I'm
trying to use other programs like pd or rat I've got no sound at all -
like there would be no hardware not just microphone!
Is anyone could point me some direction here?
Thank a lot