Re: Quake3 under debian ppc?

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 01:37:10PM +0200, Ivo Marino wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Rapha?l Haberer-Proust wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have to admit that my question is not very important... But I was just
> > wondering, if there is a possibility to play Quake3 under Linux ppc. I
> > can play it under Linux x86 and under Mac OS9. Are there executables for
> > Linux ppc?
> >
> As far as I know there aren't, IdSoftware has released Quake III
> executables only for Win32 (x86), MacOS (ppc) and GNU/Linux (x86).
>
> IMHO there's also a version for a system called MorphOS, an OS which

There is a Quake III for Morphos/PPC ?

> runs on ATARI/Pegasus hardware or similiar, anyway I'm not sure.

No, Pegasos has nothing to do with atari, it is a micro ATX ppc board
designed by Genisi, which is made of thendic and bplan, bplan being
where most of the phase5 people now work. Phase5 being the company who
brought us the the amiga powerup boards, which where dual cpu, ppc &
m68k expansion boards for amiga hardware, better known under the
linux/apus name on these lists. Morphos is the amiga inspired os that
runs on it.

Also, it is pegasos, not pegasus, which apparently also existed, since a
pegasus.cf was recently purged from the X cvs tree.

> So nothing available for GNU/Linux ppc, yet and I don't actually know
> if IdSoftware has plans to release such a Quake III executable ever.

Maybe you could ask them about it ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther