install trouble - drive not detected 8600/300

I'm attempting to install Debian Woody 3.0 r1 onto a PowerPC 8600/300. The box currently dual boots OS9 and YellowDogLinux 2.3 using BootX.

My install process halts after Keyboard Selection, complaining of an inability to detect any drives. I have found this problem in the archive and in Google, but cannot find a suitable solution for my box.

Is there a boot parameter that I can pass to BootX that will indicate the location of the drive or the drive type?

Is there likely to be an rc file in my Yellow Dog Installation that I could grep some working values from?

Any help is appreciated as I'm keen to work with Debian again instead of Yellow Dog. YDL chews the furniture and terrorizes the cat.

|Branden Faulls                         |
|                        www.omphe.com  |
|              brandenfaulls@omphe.com  |
|                   (+44) 773 440 8623  |