Re: Installer showing way too much free space

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 12:08:44PM -0600, joejoe99@softhome.net wrote:
> Hello -
>
> Powerbook G3 400 Pismo
>
> When I go to "Partition Hard Drive", from the 3.0 .iso image, the default
> number of blocks is:
>
> <quote>
> size of 'device' is 1073741825 blocks:
> <endquote>
>
> This suggests that I have 512.0G of Free Space -
>
> Is there a way to find the actual number of blocks?

What size is your drive? It should be x/1024. If mac-fdisk doesn't
give you the right number, I don't know of a program that would,
unless perhaps that was one of the bugs fixed in pdisk since Debian
forked it. Actually, it might be nice to find out if that's the
case; could I send you a MacOS pdisk-0.8 to try?

--
http://Www.TruthAboutWar.org

Chris Tillman
- Linux Rox -