Re: No frames around windows
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: No frames around windows
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: 07 Apr 2003 18:32:09 +0200
- Message-id: <1049733129.2175.24.camel@thor>
- In-reply-to: <005f01c2fd16$f8a27760$1900a8c0@ywesee>
- References: <004401c2fd05$c5f92ae0$1900a8c0@ywesee> <1049726381.2173.21.camel@thor> <005f01c2fd16$f8a27760$1900a8c0@ywesee>
On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 17:04, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> >Sounds like you're not running a window manager though (do you have
> >gnome-session etc. installed?). Try starting metacity with
> >metacity &
> Ok. Thanks for the hint. Metycity then starts...
> >from a terminal and save the session with gnome-session-save.
> Then I get:
> While connecting to session-manager: Authentication Rejected, reason: None
> of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
> authentication failed. Could not connect to the session manager.
> What should I do?
Make sure gnome-session is started with your X session. The easiest way
to achieve that is to use gdm and choose the Gnome session.
Earthling Michel Dänzer \ Debian (powerpc), XFree86 and DRI developer
Software libre enthusiast \ http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer