Re: X on external VGA

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 15:29, stamp wrote:
> i have a completely different machine and also behaviour, but the
> trick for me was disabling fbdev... give it a try.

Well, i tried. It's not really a solution. If i disable fbdev either
via XF86Config-4 or with the boot-option video=aty128fb:off, X
terminates with

Symbol fbdevHWGetLineLength from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/r128_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol fbdevHWGetLineLength from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/r128_drv.o is unresolved!

How do i have to configure X to work without framebuffer?

Still wondering,

	Matthias Kloas