Re: Reading memory sticks

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 21:11, Mich Lanners wrote:
> On  28 Mar, this message from Edd Dumbill echoed through cyberspace:
> > I have a 6-in-1 card reader.  On my i386 machine (2.4.20) I attach the
> > card reader and see the following in dmesg:
> >
> > usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
> > scsi1 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
> >   Vendor: Generic   Model: Generic       CF  Rev: 2.5D
> >   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> >   Vendor: Generic   Model: Generic       MS  Rev: 2.5D
> >   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> >   Vendor: Generic   Model: Generic   MMC/SD  Rev: 2.5D
> >   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> >   Vendor: Generic   Model: Generic       SM  Rev: 2.5D
> >   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> >
> > Under this setup I am able to mount a memory stick put in the card
> > reader as /dev/sdc1.
> >
> > On my iBook (2.4.20-ben6) I insert the same reader, and only see this:
> >
> > usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
> > scsi1 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
> >   Vendor: Generic   Model: Generic       CF  Rev: 2.5D
> >   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> >
> > So I am restricted to reading CF cards only on the iBook.  I have all
> > the same modules loaded: sg, sd_mod.
> >
> > Anybody got any ideas what I'm doing wrong and how to remedy this?
>
> Is your kernel compiled with multiple LUN support
> (CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN)?

It's the second time I see this today ^_^. It's not needed to recompile:
"
When using RAID storage configured with Logical Unit Numbers (LUNs)
greater than zero, it is necessary to enable LUN support by adding the
following entry to the /etc/modules.conf file:

	options scsi_mod max_scsi_luns=255

After modifying modules.conf, it is necessary to rebuild the initial
ramdisk using 'mkinitrd'. Refer to The Official Red Hat Linux
Customization Guide for more information about creating the ramdisk
image with mkinitrd.
"

That's from http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/notes/as/

Cheers