Re: ibook 2.2 trouble w/ -ben9 kernel

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 03:50:23PM EST,
Johnathan Chapin (john@jtan.com) wrote:
> Actually, I initially thought I could "trigger" it.  The last occurence
> of the problem - I was running Mac OS X - the system froze a couple of
> minutes before the display corruption began.  As soon as it froze I took
> my hands off it, then noticed a few minutes later when the screen went
> nuts.  I may take it down to the Apple Store tommorrow to see what they
> think.  Thanks!

To answer my own posts - it seems the problem is heat related.  A friend
at work suggested I put it in the refrigerator, and sure enough, it is
chugging along just fine, backing up all of my files to my file server.
It has been running fine for almost an hour (whereas I was only getting
5-10 minutes at a time this afternoon).  Off to the Apple Store
tommorrow!

-John