Re: Laptop and sleep

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 21:10, christophe barbe wrote:
> Now that we have suspend/resume on M7-based laptop, I would like to get
> some tips on how to make the laptop smart enough to wake up happy.
>
> I am mostly always connected to the internet by the Airport. I use to
> close the lid when leaving work and open it at home and vice versa.
> The problem is that if I forget to ifdown eth1 before closing the lid,
> after wake up the laptop is confused (when I have moved during the sleep).
> Then I can't even ifdown the interface.
>
> A simple solution would be to ifdown in the power management script when
> going to sleep and ifup after wake up. But this doesn't sound right.
>
> Have someone a smart way to handle mobile connectivity? I know a few set
> of scripts/daemon but none perfect as what is done by OS X.

Using Apple internal airport card ? I have no problem with this
setup. I have eth based networking at work and airport based
networking at home. I have a couple of shell scripts to switch
my setup and they work just fine at any moment. I can ifup/down
etc... both airport and ethernet regardless who was "active" when
going to sleep etc..

Ben.