Laptop and sleep

Now that we have suspend/resume on M7-based laptop, I would like to get
some tips on how to make the laptop smart enough to wake up happy.

I am mostly always connected to the internet by the Airport. I use to
close the lid when leaving work and open it at home and vice versa.
The problem is that if I forget to ifdown eth1 before closing the lid,
after wake up the laptop is confused (when I have moved during the sleep).
Then I can't even ifdown the interface.

A simple solution would be to ifdown in the power management script when
going to sleep and ifup after wake up. But this doesn't sound right.

Have someone a smart way to handle mobile connectivity? I know a few set
of scripts/daemon but none perfect as what is done by OS X.

Christophe

An empty stomach is not a good political advisor.
-- Albert Einstein