Powerbook G3 Wallstreet - X keyboard problems

Hello again,

X is up and running on my Powerbook G3 Wallstreet, but I'm having trouble
with the keyboard layout. Specifically the Up, Down, Left, Right and (using
the fn key) Home, End, PageUp and PageDown don't work.

All those keys work fine in console mode, but not in X.

The left key seems to work as an alt key in X and fn-Up (PageUp) gives me a
'/' character. The rest of the keys don't seem to do anything.

Choosing a differect XkbModel (pc101, pc105, macintosh, macintosh_old,
etc..) has no effect (Well, choosing macintosh_old had an effect, but that
wasn't an improvement. :-)

using showkey to get the keycodes for the relevant keys, I've made an
xmodmap section which I excuted at different stages during X startup and
while running:

xmodmap - << EOT
keycode 103 = Up
keycode 108 = Down
keycode 105 = Left
keycode 106 = Right
EOT

But this also has no noticable effect whatsoever, although xmodmap -pk does
show the correct settings. :-(

Are there any other keyboard settings that I am unaware of?

Regards,

Peter.

PS.
I'm now using 2.4.20-ben8 and it's working fine. :-) Great work ben!

---

'God-like aliens - man, do I hate god-like aliens. I'll trade a critter
for a god-like alien any day.'
  - John Crichton, Meltdown