Re: Argh, hosed keymap

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 02:50:10PM -0500, Mark S. Mathews wrote:

> Hey Chris,
>
> Thanks for the pointer...I'm not sure if this is an ADB<-->linux keycodes
> issue though.  When I type 'root' at the login prompt, I get "2==3", not
> the 'sswj' mentioned in that document.....
>
> Hmmm, but I just now tried '(tab)ssw' and got 'oot' (I get nothing from
> the tab key).
>
> Perhaps this _is_ the ADB vs linux problem.

Yeh, that's the reverse issue. Your kernel expects adb and you're
sending linux keycodes from the keymap. I saw this too.

> Anyway, thanks for the pointer.  It gives me more things to try.
>
> <spoiler>I'll let you know how things turn out </spoiler>
>
> Oooohhhhmmmmm,

there you go. I saw where you restored the old keymap, you're
well on your way. Take a look at your kernel config, or maybe
you're not using the kernel you think you're using.

--
http://Www.TruthAboutWar.org

Chris Tillman
- Linux Rox -