Re: Argh, hosed keymap

Ok, I managed to find a boot-cd that got me up enough to mount my rootfs
and do a little fixup.  Ummmm, that was a YDL iso just cause the server I
found for it was faster than any of the half-dozen mirrors I tried to
download a woody iso from.

Thankfully the update process saved my old /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz
file and restoring it fixed things nicely.

Now for the odd part:
A quick scan of both my old kmap and the updated one indicate that they
both are linux keycode maps (not ADB) and my kernel (homebuilt using
make-kpkg so the update didn't touch it) is compiled with
CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES turned off.

Why did this happen?

I'm guessing it's a result of me just pressing "YYYYYYYY..." to all the
config questions during the update.  Perhaps I wound up installing a
dvorak kmap or something.  I'm going to check /usr/share... to try and
match up the kmap that was installed and figure out what it is.

Thanks all,
-M

--

Mark S. Mathews

AbsoluteValue Systems      Web:    http://www.linux-wlan.com
715-D North Drive          e-mail: mark@linux-wlan.com
Melbourne, FL 32934        Phone:  321.259.0737
USA                        Fax:    321.259.0286