Re: battery life

Hi all,

Here's more battery-related info:

On  22 Mar, this message from Clemens Mangler echoed through cyberspace:

> http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449 i read it very
> quickly, but it might be useful! it describes how to reset the pmu

Another interesting read is this:

The text talks about how batteries stay at between 95% and 99% charge
even though AC is plugged in. The reason Apple gives for this expected
behaviour is:

'designed to avoid short discharge/charge cycles in order to prolong the
overall life of the battery'

which is the first confirmation I've seen that indeed the number of
charge cycles is one factor limiting battery lifetime.

You will also notice that all G4 Powerbooks except the original one
include batteries that avoid unecessary charge cycles.

In other words, if I buy a replacement battery for my TiBook I, it
should last longer than the original one...

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |