Macintosh PMU/ADB/CUDA questions

I've got a G4 tower ("AGP Graphics") upon which I want to
enable the file-server mode so that it will reboot itself
upon AC power restore...

All the documentation I've read suggests that I change a
flag in the CUDA (accessed via the ADB) each time the machine
starts.

However, I've configured the kernel w/out ADB_CUDA and with
ADB_PMU... So I don't have a /dev/adb... I did this because
the machine is USB-only, so I didn't think I needed the ADB.

The kernel's make menuconfig help suggests I don't need ADB_CUDA
enabled, and I should take ADB_PMU instead, as I have done.

I guess my question is: can I control this setting through
/dev/pmu or must I rebuild my kernel with ADB support as well.

From my reading just now, I _think_ I can use the existing
utilities to enable this mode, because the PMU emulates the
CUDA to some extent, _except_ that it only seems to emulate
GET_TIME and SET_TIME...

(Relevant portion of my 2.4.20 w/ benh .config below:)
#
# Macintosh device drivers
#
# CONFIG_ADB_CUDA is not set
CONFIG_ADB_PMU=y
# CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK is not set
# CONFIG_PMAC_BACKLIGHT is not set
# CONFIG_MAC_FLOPPY is not set
# CONFIG_MAC_SERIAL is not set
# CONFIG_ADB is not set
CONFIG_MAC_HID=y

On a side issue, in drivers/char/misc.c, this occurs:
#ifdef CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK
	pmu_device_init();
#endif

Which means I don't have a /dev/pmu device... Is there a
good reason this isn't
#ifdef CONFIG_ADB_PMU || CONFIG_ADB_PMU68K
	pmu_device_init();
#endif

Since those two configuration settings enable the two files
with pmu_device_init()?

(Well, actually, the 68K version of pmu_device_init is
behind an #if 0... And the PPC version of pmu_device_init()
is behind an #ifdef CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK. So I guess my question
is why is /dev/pmu only available on the powerbook, along with
most of the functionality of via-pmu.c? I have a PMU, the
kern.log shows the via-pmu.c driver finding a Core99 type PMU.)

If people on this list don't know, I guess I'll have to try
and find a ppc-kernel mailing list and ask there... So I
welcome any suggestions of an appropriate mailing list. :-)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

use, duplication and distribution.