Re: battery life

On Don, 2003-03-20 at 11:42, Edward G. Speyer wrote:

>   http://www-stu.cai.cam.ac.uk/~egs21/iBook-battery-log.gz
>
> Note how my max_charge has dropped from 3404 to 2874.  Should I be alarmed
> or is this just the PMU giving me dodgy statistics?  (It does seem odd how
> max_charge only drops when the battery is emptied.)

I do think deep discharge is the worst enemy of these batteries,
unfortunately. I usually do at least one deep discharge a day, and the
battery in the old TiBook lost about half an hour of capacity in less
than a year. Compare that to the good old Pismo, the battery of which
was like new after almost two years of daily deep discharges...