Re: battery life

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Chris Tillman wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 12:05:27AM +0000, Gimli wrote:
> > i know this is not the apropriate list but i wanted to ask if anyone is
> > having problems with the ibook's battery.
> > i would also like to ask if someone could recomend some links on the
> > subject.
>
> Search the list archives for posts on batteries around 4 months
> ago. IIRC, one conclusion was that some iBook models had defective
> batteries and Apple was replacing them.

Calling all statistics fans!  My pwrctl-local makes a note of some info
from /proc/pmu/battery_0 whenever a power event happens, thereby providing
some guaranteed-to-be-interesting[1] stats on an iBook's power consumption
and battery performance:

  http://www-stu.cai.cam.ac.uk/~egs21/iBook-battery-log.gz

Note how my max_charge has dropped from 3404 to 2874.  Should I be alarmed
or is this just the PMU giving me dodgy statistics?  (It does seem odd how
max_charge only drops when the battery is emptied.)

Ed

[1] Not a guarantee :)