Re: DRI on Slot-Loading iMac

On Mit, 2003-03-19 at 16:14, Jeffrey Matt wrote:

> I'm running Debian unstable with 2.4.20-ben8 configured with agpgart as
> a module, Direct Rendering Manager enabled, and the rage128 enabled.
> I'm trying to compile this with Michel Dänzer's DRM-trunk-modules, and
> xserver-xfree86-dri and xlibmesa3-dri-trunk installed.

You don't need the dri-trunk packages for the r128 driver, DRI has been
working with that since 4.1.0. The DRM in the kernel might still be too
old for 4.2.0 though...

> When I compile the modules, I can't install the drm-trunk-modules because
> they are attempting to overwrite those that the kernel put in place.
> So I've tried it without kernel support for DRM and the rage128 but that
> didn't work either.

... which this addresses adequately.

> (WW) R128(0): Static buffer allocation failed -- need at least 9216 kB
> video memory

This is the problem. The amount of video RAM you have only allows for
the DRI to be enabled at a lower virtual resolution or depth.