Re: quik problem / display

<tillman@voicetrak.com> wrote
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 09:06:52PM +0100, Tobias Stefan Richter wrote:
> > 0 > boot Second-stage QUIK loader
> > Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC (woody)boot:
> > Starting at 0
> > opening display /bandit@F2000000/formacGA6@E... failed
>
> OK, so quik thinks it is talking to a video card on pci1.
> Since the the display is vci0, I think you guessed that
> right, what happens if you pull out the pci cards? I can't
> think why quik would get that idea either, I always assumed
> it used OF's output-device.

The /bandit@F2000000/formacGA6@E device is what the base install
kernel or boot loader told it was using too. So quik should be able
to work with that also.
After a bit more searching I found out that that my Mac clone
can never diplay OF on its own screen device. So it is good
that quik uses a different thing.
Now I pulled out the formac card and installed a Matrox G200.
Everything is working fine.
Why it isn't working with the formac card remains as an exercise
for a rainy afternoon...

Thanks anyway,
tobias