quik problem / display

I tried to install Woody on a Umax Pulsar. First part
with installing base packages was ok, but it failed on
the first reboot (using quik as suggested by the installer).
No screen output at all (monitor going to power save).

I finally got hold of a adb->serial adapter to see the
openfirmware prompt and could boot the computer. But see:

	0 > setenv boot-device scsi-int/sd@0:0  ok
	0 > boot Second-stage QUIK loader
	Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC (woody)boot:
	Starting at 0
	opening display /bandit@F2000000/formacGA6@E... failed
	copying OF device tree...done
	Calling quiesce ...
	booting...

After that the computer boots up ok, but still no screen ouptut!
At that stage you only have time/daytime/discard and smtp
deamons running on the net so on chance to get in there either.
Now I can boot of the floppy and CD again to install a getty
on serial or telnet but I fear screen output might still be
a unavaliable later.

Who is having the problem opening the display
/bandit@F2000000/formacGA6@E ?
It is the same device name the kernel was using for the base install.
Would a kernel video option help? Which one?
Can I configure quik to use a different device (didn't find such
an option)?
I attached my device listing below.

I also wasn't able to get the OF prompt to the screen
which one would be the correct output-device?

Thanks,
tobias

FF828F80: /PowerPC,604@0
FF829230:   /l2-cache@0,0