Re: evolution 1.2

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 03:19:19AM +0100, Raphael Calvelli wrote:
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Now, a question that will look stupid to many, but useful to 5,9 billion
> people that didn't deeply read all the docs ;-) :
>
> I have sarge. Can I use sid version of this program, without using sid
> for all the distribution? If yes, how do I install it?

You can use

APT::Default-Release "testing";

in your /etc/apt/apt.conf to keep your system mostly
at testing (or stable, if that's where you're at) and
then use apt-get -t to ask for a given distribution
when installing a given package.

But, I suspect a large package like evolution will drag in
some serious dependencies like the sid-version libc6 and
a host of others; you might want to use -s first to see
what's going to happen.

man apt-get
man apt.conf

-- Lawrence Bernstein, Discover, Feb 2003